Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Presenting Willa Harper Jacob.....








We are all just so excited that our sweet Willa is here at last!
From 6:34 pm - when we called our good friends to watch our kids, driving to their home and dropping them off, to speeding down the slow streets of Montrose, making our way to the emergency entrance -only for no one respond -to Nate finding his own wheel chair, sprinting me to the maternity ward and Willa being born at 6:53pm - the shirt says it all!






As quickly as she came - it was even quicker for us to fall madly in love with this sweet 8 lb 20 inch Blondie!

Everyone was just in awe of her - we had such a difficult time naming her. One look at her and we knew she was not an Ava - which you would have thought that Finley would have definitely been her name.


I tried for the night calling her Finley and all the next day. We were both ready to leave the hospital at 2 pm - all that needed to be done was fill in the birth certificate. After playing around with different spellings of Finley - I just wrote Willa Harper down (one of Nate's original names, that had long been left undiscussed) This is what occurred for the next three and a half hours. Kids going crazy - playing in the closet trying to amuse themselves while I struggled on a name. Willa just seems a perfect fit for her. I got my wish that she was born on my grandpa's birthday and his name is Willam - it just was perfect!














Willa is so blessed to have such a wonderful sister. Eden just adores her and is the greatest help!















Jack is so sweet with her - he will walk in the room and say, "Guess what, I wanna hold baby Cinderella!"



We are overwhelmingly surprised at how Emry is with Willa. She just LOVES her. She constantly wants to wrap her up in her diaper changing pad and that is the only challenge we are facing with her.
We love this sweet baby and are so thrilled that she has finally come!













9 comments:

Matt and Alissa said...

So precious! We are so happy for you. I am so glad you got to have her the day you wanted. I hope we get to see you guys soon and see that beautiful girl.

Megan said...

Oh she is just perfect! I love all the blonde hair! Grandma Norma and Grandpa Bill are tickled that she was born on their aniversary and grandpa's birthday!! She is a doll and can't wait to see you all! Hope you are feeling OK and it looks like you have lots of help!! Lucky you for having such a smooth fast labor!! Take care
Love ya

day in the life of a prince said...

She is beautiful!! You are amazing!! I looooove all her hair, my kids don't ever have that much hair until they are 2 or 3!!

Kim said...

She is sure a cutie and I can't believe how much she looks like Emry! We're looking forward to seeing her again soon!

Eric and Julia Jacob said...

Congratulations you guys! She is so beautiful and I really hope I have the labor you did. :) We want to come see her sometime before our baby is born. Congratulations again and we love you guys!

P.S. We are both really glad Jack still says "guess what" all the time. That is the best thing ever!

emily said...

she seems like the perfect fit for your already sweet and adorable family.

miles wants to say: "i like sardines. i found a bird egg. i like crafts. is she (your baby) okay? i want to see the baby sometimes. bye jana."

:)

Ginger said...

What a doll! We're so happy for you guys. I'm reading a Willa Cather book right now and was just thinking what a great name she had - nice choice!
Hope that all continues to go well for you.

Scott and Analisa said...

I love Nate's shirt, every husband needs a shirt like that. I would like to get one for Scott for father's day next year.

David said...

Yea! She is as gorgeous as the rest! I love the name - love it! I wish to tears that I could meet her in person and smooch her little face off! What a lucky little girl to have you as parents.