Friday, August 22, 2008

Black Canyon

We have loved having Grandma Jacob with us! We decided since she was willing to conquer one of her fears by boarding a tiny twin prop plane to come to Montrose....we would push our luck and force her to conquer more fears.....thus began our first adventure going to the newest National Park.....Black Canyon National Park....just 20 minutes from our house!
It was so breathtaking....literally breath taking! The drop off was imidiate... there were many moments were grandma and I held our breath and felt weak from watching the kids get so close to the edge!
Grandma and Eden demonstrating the multi uses for an orange at our yummy picnic.


Eden and Jack enjoyed bird watching....I would have loved it a bit more if it wasn't such an imidiate drop off!




This is the point were Grandma was a tad panicked...okay, I was too....I literally ran down the trail to "save" my kids from their father who led the kids so dangerously close to the edge. He did nothing but roll his eyes and laugh at me!



We all had so much fun and were so tired by the end of the day! Yay....one down....our next plan was to take Grandma to Box Canyon Falls!!!!

1 comments:

KristiKay said...

These pictures are gorgeous, Jana! Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I've missed you...can't wait to talk to you! Love you!