Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Swimming in a sea of PINK!!!!

Wow....it's a girl!!! I honestly didn't have a feeling either way of what this baby was, but I must admit, I am really surprised that it's a girl! Maybe I would have been just as surprised if I was told it was a boy. I think that the reality of this baby coming so soon into our world is what surprises me the most! We are SO excited for her to come. I am just so SHOCKED by how fast this has gone by! I can honestly say, I have NEVER felt that any pregnancy went by fast.

We told the kids that we were celebrating something really special with pink ice cream. After a ton of guesses - none that even remotely came close. We annoucned that the pink ice cream was for their baby sister. We got nothing....no reaction for about 30 seconds and then Eden's eyes grew big and shouted "You mean we are having new baby sister?!" Jack then responded, "Oh, I thought that baby in your tummy was going to be a boy. I guess you will now have two baby girls and then another one and another one and another one and then a boy." (UHHHH...NO!) Emry, after hearing Jack's comments exclaimed, "Mom, no eat baby in your tummy, don't eat babies, babies not for eating!" Willa - happily slept through all of this. Her world as she knows it will end soon enough!

6 comments:

Betsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betsy said...

Oh my goodness! I was just sitting here contemplating phoning you, at 11:00 at night...cause I wanted so bad to know what you found out at the ultrasound, then I remembered you had a blog, and went to a few other blogs cause I couldn't remember how to get here, etc. etc. Anyways, I'm SO glad you posted! I can sleep soundly now. haha. Another girl will be so fun, three little girls together is so darling! And, the best part of all, is that maybe Oliver will end up with one of them! Between your 3 little girls, and Kristi's Ella, I'm positive he can find his true love's kiss. Oh wait, that's Isaac and Eden's song! Oh dear. It's really getting late! haha
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

emily said...

well i'm excited for you and your family! girls are lovely . . . and crazy. :) now our 2 girls can be the best of friends of too. :)

i love the reaction of your kids - or, rather, the non-reaction. made me smile.

all of your girls' friends will be swooning over jack someday. that's a given.

congrats again!

Matt and Alissa said...

Your kids are so cute. I love the comments they make. Congrats again.

Eric and Julia Jacob said...

Jack is one special guy to have all of these sisters. He'll never be bored looking out for all of them. Congratulations you guys! We're so excited to meet both Willa and this new little girl!

Ginger said...

WHAT?! What what what what whAT?!
For the sake of your friends who only find out about your life from the blog, you really need to update more!
Since I grew up in a family of 6 girls and 1 boy, I always think, the more girls the merrier. Congratulations, you guys! I sure wish another pink bundle was in our future, too, but I think Graham is our caboose. Good luck to everyone. That is great news!