Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Grass...beautiful grass

Nothing like good ol' fashion hard work to make you feel like you are getting OLD!!! We spent all last week working on laying sod and moving rock to get our yard put together! Honestly, it felt wonderful to do yard work! (Even if I couldn't move the next day!) I have missed it so much this past year! The kids were thrilled when the grass was all laid. They ran out at night and just laid on it to watch the stars. Our yard here is so HUGE!!! We are going to have two large garden spots and plenty of more room to play. I can't wait to plant a garden...I know, I have to wait a long time. But it just about killed me to have to pay for tomatoes!!! Eden has so many great ideas of what else can go in our yard, trampoline, sandbox, playset, rivers, bridges, ahh yes, and a dog! (Sorry, that one is NOT going to happen for about 11 more years!)


I am kind of nervous with just how big these garden spots really are!

5 comments:

Sarah Pearl said...

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you! Next time we visit we'll have some of your homemade salsa from your prolific gardening skills, ooh daddy!

Matt and Alissa said...

It looks great! Good luck with the garden. We are hoping to have one too. We'll see.

Eric and Julia Jacob said...

Looks great! I guess we'll see it covered in snow. We are thinking of coming for Thanksgiving again, if we are invited of course. We haven't decided yet but if we are invited, we'll decide soon and let you know!

Megan said...

wow your yard really is huge! Thats great. I hear ya about planting a garden! I am so excited to next year, but our is just going to be little, we did so much landscaping this year too but not quite enough room for a huge garden. Your yard looks even bigger that ours here in little old Magrath!! Summer next year will be so much fun for your kids!!

KristiKay said...

Jana, it looks SO great! Long time coming, huh? I'm glad you got it done! Think of the gardening possibilities...it's exciting! And your house is beautiful...it's fun to see pictures! Love ya!