Sunday, April 6, 2008

homesick more than ever for our good friends in Boise

Okay, this is my first attempt at blogging....I hesitate to begin on more thing - but after Amber showed me how to set this up....I need to give it a try. I just love reading what is going on with all of our good friends and family, and I think it is a wonderful way to keep a journal of our family and every time I read Amber and Brent's blog, Jack thinks that he is Carter and wants me to tell him what Jack is doing in each picture. Well, with that here I go....

We just arrived home after spending a week up in Boise to do yard work and sign with another realtor on our home in Boise. Hopefully, it will sell soon! It was so wonderful to see our friends, family, and old neighbors. Leaving Boise was just as difficult this time as it was when we moved six months ago! We had such a great time visiting and seeing everyone, that for a moment I forgot that I no longer lived there! It was very surreal to be back in our old house, now all vacant. Jack had a tremendously fun time bowling in it! Nate did so much work to get the yard looking nice again! So we all have our fingers crossed and are continuing to pray that it will SELL!

We stopped at Jodi's on our way up to Boise...and Eden was invited to spend the week with them. So of course she naturally would rather spend her time with her cousins than with mom and dad, and had a terrific time playing with them. When we arrived at Jodi's, Eden saw me and yelled, "Mom....I need to hide" and ran off into another room, so afraid that we would be leaving that very minute. Now that we are home, Eden finally has the time to talk to me. I do wish that we had more time to just play and visit with everyone, a week just isn't enough time to get everything done that needed to be done and get all the playing in that I wanted to do! But oh, how I loved being back in Boise! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and we miss you all dearly!

Now that we are home, we need to get ready for this week. Eden begins school and soccer practice tomorrow. Eden's been out of school for ten days. Nate is headed to Denver on Thursday for work. He has a lot of traveling scheduled for this month in preparation for his interviews in May. He is doing so well right now, and we will most likely know if we will be staying in Montrose by July. Which I can honestly say that I do not look forward to moving one bit! We love the size of Montrose and have made some great friends here..it's just so far away from our old friends and our family! But for now, we are here so I'm not going to worry about moving yet!

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Jana!
Hey! I'm so glad you found our blog, and now that we have a way to catch up with your family, too. I can't believe you live in Montrose! I used to go there on business trips with my dad when we lived in Grand Junction. I'm pretty surprised that there is a Target there, from what I remember of the town. It's moving up in the world!
What is Nate going to be interviewing for? I hope your homesickness eases soon. That is the absolute worst feeling.
Gotta run!

Scott and Analisa said...

Ah yes, a newcomer!!! I am excited to read more and see more. Remember, when you write; its informitive, when Nate writes; its pure silliness. So, keep it balanced and don't let your blog fall into the "wrong hands"... just kidding!

amber said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you got a blog!!!! We enjoyed you guys so much and miss you guys. We hope all is going well and I will talk to you when I get back from the cruise!

Zach said...

Hello! Nate's long-forgotten-but-surely-favorite-anyway cousin Zach here. Good to see the blogging thing is catching on! Can't wait to live vicariously through you... Okay, maybe that's a bit overboard, but it will be nice to kind of get to know you (again) since I haven't seen Nate (or any of you!) in YEARS!

Sarah Pearl said...

Hey Jana--that makes two of us homesick!! (I forgot for a minute I actually live here.) I'm just homesick for them crazy Jacobs, that's all! You weren't here long enough, that's for sure. And next time I'm not letting you out my door once you get in! You'll be my little rockband hostage for the whole week! Big hug, Sal